MPI AZ cares about its members, so we have created a one-stop career resource for meeting and event professionals. Career Connections unites job seekers and prospective employers in a collaborative, easy-to-use career site. Another way MPI provides value to you!
Career Connections will help you open doors with features such as professional development tools and resources for career management. You will also find links to job sites in the industry as well as articles on changing jobs and interview tips.
You will want to check this page regularly to take advantage of the knowledge and expertise provided here!
- Looking for meeting and conference planning experience? WM Symposia, Inc. located in Mesa, AZ is looking for a part-time intern/administrative support person from early December through mid-March (specific dates to be determined). Applicant will need to be available to work approximately 20 hours a week prior to the conference during standard business hours, Monday through Friday. Applicant will also need to commit to working full-time during the move-in and conference, March 2 - 7, 2019 at the Phoenix Convention Center. This is an entry level position. Office responsibilities include but are not limited to: office support, email and phone support, ongoing database maintenance, conference signage management and onsite ICW/add-on meeting management. Social Media experience is preferred. This position would also support the six planners in the office on various assigned projects. Please send resumes to the WMS Lead Conference Planner, Jackie Quintyne
. To see specific job details, please click on "View Details"(10/23/2018)
Part Time - Virtual
- R&G Business Development Solutions, LLC has an excellent track record providing our CVB clients with opportunities to secure new business for their destination. We are looking for a person with a background in the hospitality industry, i.e. CVBs, 3rd party event planning company, hotel sales, or independent event professional. Our management team along with our independent contractors are all from the hospitality industry. This part-time opportunity is for 15-20 hours per week, working from your home. We provide a researched list of prospects who may be interested in hosting their next event in the CVB destination. R&G does not leave voice messages or send emails. The phone (fully charged) is our device of choice. If you are interested or have questions, send an email to Stephanie@randgsolutions.com
or call me 314-604-1376. To see specific job details, please click on "View Details"(10/23/2018)
Manager of Meetings and Educational Programs
- Large statewide professional healthcare association located in Scottsdale seeks experienced meetings professional to lead our educational programs team including one large annual session (4000+ attendees) as well as other educational programs ranging from 30—250 attendees. Speaker, hotel and venue contract experience a must. Applicant will serve as principal staff support for planning committees. Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress. Coordinate services for events, such as marketing, registration, accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, audio-visual, special needs requirements, printing and event security and other event needs. Review event bills for accuracy and approve payment. Maintains records of events, including financial details and reconciles financial information to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Min. Requirements: Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in professional associations and/or meetings and conventions. CMP credential would be valuable. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
. To see specific job details, please click on "View Details"(10/11/2018)
- ADI Meetings & Events LLC, is interested in a full-time Sourcing Manager to join their sales team in the Tempe office. This role interfaces with Sales Team for designing, researching and preparing ADI product related meeting and incentive travel proposals; and managing our sales and marketing efforts. Must have experience in sourcing as well as sales for this position. Preferences for those with bachelor's degree, 5 years of direct work experience in hospitality, convention sales, site selection or sourcing, and skilled in Microsoft Product Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) among other talents. To Apply: Please send us your resume and a cover letter stating salary requirements and interest in the position at ADIOFFICE@ADIMEETINGS.COM
Competitive salary, PTO, and benefits offered. Equal Opportunity Employer. To see specific job details, please click on "View Details"(10/02/2018)
Group Sales Manager
- The Hermosa Inn is seeking a Group Sales Manager responsible for effectively soliciting, prospecting, handling inquiries, conducting sales calls and site inspections to meet and/or exceed hotels' budgeted group room & banquet revenues. Requirements include previous hotel group sales or small meetings manager experience, preferably in a luxury setting. Outstanding communication skills, being customer focused and delivering excellent customer service. Must be a quick learner/thinker. If you are hungry for success, love to sell and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Delphi and don't mind working the evenings and weekends required, this could be the job for you! Please send resumes to Melanie Volkers firstname.lastname@example.org
. To see specific job details, please click on "View Details..."(9/26/2018)
Laurel Pendle - A high energy, "Wonder Woman of sorts" with over 25 years of PR/Sales and Marketing Experience is seeking new opportunities locally. Strategic thinker, opinion leader, planner and key relationship builder are essential "powers" that make her unbeatable in the field. Other indispensable "superhero" strengths are as follows:
* Hotel Sales & Marketing Professional (Group and FIT)
* Media/ Advertising/ Video Production/ Public Relations
* Business Development/Community Outreach
* Certified Meeting and Events Professional
* Independent and Flexible (Remote and Telework Experience)
* Contract & Vendor Negotiations Expert
* International Business Background
* Ability to engage, promote, educate and persuade
* Strong business contacts in corporate and non-profit sectors
Contact Laurel Pendle for more information.
Lindsey Dedina - Lindsey could be called the most passionate individual in Arizona's tourism industry. Her energy and enthusiasm for connecting individuals and companies in our field is second to none. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in tourism development and management from Arizona State University. Realizing the importance of continuing education, she also secured her certificate in convention sales and meeting planning at the same time. She has a passion for events and exceeding event goals through her attention to detail, determination and contagious energy. Lindsey can be contacted at email@example.com.
Jacqueline Pacheco - My name is Jacqueline Pacheco. My attention to the meticulous details and abilities to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines will allow me to have great success in any event position. I am a fast learner, a quick thinker and have excellent skills in multitasking. Some of my greatest strengths are my leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jason Pierre - Being motivated and detail oriented throughout my life only prepared me for my career. An event planner is what I have worked towards since a very young age. Having taken the time to go to college, practice event planning while working for employers, and applying to industry organizations to better train my craft and give me the ability to network with others in the industry.
I can be contacted at email@example.com.
Articles For Job Seekers
Top 10 Job Interview Tips
6 Tips for a Killer Résumé
8 Important Tips for Skype Interviews
Finding a Job Through Social Media
The Most Effective Ways to Use LinkedIn
Social Media Do's and Dont's
Articles For Employers
5 Things Job Seekers Really Want in a Company Culture
10 Ways to Ignite Employee Performance
Visit the MPI Career Development to connect with and benefit from the knowledge and expertise of your peers.