BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPLICATION
October 17, 2018
MPI-AZ Chapter Members
Lee Smith, HMCC, Immediate Past President and Nominating Committee Chair
2019-2020 Board of Directors Application
Each year, the MPI-AZ Nominating Committee recommends a slate of candidates to serve on the Chapter Board of Directors. On behalf of this year’s Nominating Committee, please use the attached 2019-2020 Board of Directors Application to submit your name for a position on the board.
The Board of Directors is made up of 13 chapter members: 6 Directors, plus 4 Vice Presidents, the President, President-Elect and Immediate Past President (who comprise the Executive Committee). Active chapter members in good standing are eligible for the nomination and election to any elective office. For Executive Committee positions, it is preferable that the member has previous service on the Board of Directors.
The Nominating Committee is made up of planners and suppliers who are in good standing and are familiar and active in chapter functions/events.
MPI AZ Board of Directors Qualifications:
- Be a member in good standing
- Be willing to fulfill the obligations of office, in the capacity indicated
- Have a history of involvement, accomplishment and dependable service to MPI
- Be willing to contribute time, energy and creativity to the chapter with the consent of your employer
Serving on the board is not only demanding and challenging, but it is also extremely rewarding. Consider becoming a leader in an award-winning chapter of the largest organization of meeting professionals. This is your chance to contribute to the growth and professionalism of our chapter.
Before committing to a board position, please review the job descriptions available on the MPI AZ website. In addition, consider the following responsibilities of all board members:
- Must attend and participate in a majority of the monthly board meetings
- Responsible for team Business Plan updates monthly
- Attendance at the monthly chapter meetings and events is strongly encouraged
- Participation in board transition/leadership meeting is essential
- Attend the Annual Board Planning Session Retreat (usually held in April - 2 days)
- Attend Mid-Year Board Planning Session Retreat (usually held in November - 2 days)
If you are willing to make a serious commitment to our membership, then I encourage you to complete the 2019-2020 Board of Directors Application.
Lee Smith, HMCC
MPI-AZ Immediate Past President